Shon Thomas Gale will be celebrating his 35th year in the computer industry as a programmer and hardware specialist in 2016. Below is a brief summation of that career.|
Shon Gale received his BS in Computer Science at Cal State Fullerton in 1981 and immediately went to work. He has been coding and configuring systems for so long he still prefers console mode and never turns on NumLock. His programming experience includes the following computer languages.
- 2010 - present .. itsoez, Eugene, Oregon. Shon Gale decided to finish the development of Shon's design of a server based streaming system in Eugene, Oregon. With the fiber-optic access in place on all of the major interstates in the USA. Eugene is located near one of the major intersections at Interstate 5 and 84. This provides a rock solid low cost fiber-optic network with the major players (Google, Yahoo and Bing) having server farms in northern Oregon and southern Washington. The EWEB system for electricity is able to deliver solid uninterrupted electricity at a very competitive cost per kilowatt hour. This helped to cement the Eugene area as being a cost effective location to run a server based business. Combined with a well trained workforce and access to continuing education from Lane Community College and the University of Oregon, and many other institutions of higher learning, the Eugene, Oregon area was unequaled in allowing growth. After the collapse of Atomix Group, Shon and Tom found Eugene, Oregon to continue to be the perfect place to form his new company itsoez in October of 2010 to implement his vision of personal streaming services.
- 2004 - 2010 .. Atomix Group LLC, Eugene, Oregon. After investigating the infrastructure of several areas in the country with special emphasis on fiber-optic access along with the strength and cost of the electrical system in place. Shon Gale recommended Eugene, Oregon to the Atomix Group for them to develop their 3D server system when they hired him. He then relocated and proceeded to program a complete 3D testing tank using MultiVerse, which is a offshoot of the Ogre Open Source 3D system.
- 2001 - 2004 .. Computer Consulting, San Francisco Bay Area. Hardware, Software setup and management of network systems for a few select customers. Major Database and Web Design with Windows and Linux server management for these customers.
- 1996 - 2001 .. Satellite Host Systems, Pleasanton, CA. Programmer, VP of Research and Development for a Satellite Based Server Farm. More Telecom work, selling Phone Switches and Internet Server space. Working on custom network server apps for our many in-house clients, 1-800-DENTIST and 1-800-LAWYER, etc.
- 1994 - 1996 .. Magellan Network Systems, Santa Clara, CA. Programmer, lead the team that designed and wrote the phone card software. Major Telecom. Wrote the software that used the first wireless modems and allowed phone card purchases anywhere there was a cell.
- 1987 - 1994 .. Clare Computer Solutions, San Ramon, CA. http://www.clarecomputer.com/ Programmer, Hardware Service and Server Tech for 3,500 corporate customers such as PacBell/SBC, Toyota, GM, PeopleSoft, and many more firms located in the Silicon and San Ramon Valleys. Major Database and Networking work. CNE, MCSE certifications. Shon always considered this the most fun job he ever had.
- 1985 - 1987 .. Independent Consultant in the SF Bay Area, did jobs for PG&E, Fry's Electronics, Charles Schwab, Lawrence Livermore, Banks, Insurance companies, Etc. Lot's more Database stuff with networking. Became certified as CNE (Certified Novell Engineer).
- 1983 - 1985 .. Mercury Insurance, Pleasanton, CA. Programmer, PC's. Lots of Database stuff, dbase, Paradox.
- 1981 - 1983 .. Synaptic Controllers, Santa Monica, CA. Programmer for Cobol, RPG, Fortran. Database and System work coding assembly language line controllers and basic robotic assemblers on IBM and Prime main frames.
He has several interests that keep him busy including his first love which has always been the composition and arrangement of music and for which he earned an AA degree from the College of Marin in 1975. He continues to compose and still performs the occasional concert of his songs and has released several CD's of his original music. He jams with his good friends Paul Boggs, Travis Love, Mike Governale and Brian Middleton in the band called Emerald Mountain Band and sometimes goes to an open mike and plays his songs. An impromptu jam session in the afternoon after a day of work can happen anytime. He loves to curl up with a good Sci-Fi or Fantasy book and occasionally is allowed to do so. Even though he was disabled in an automobile accident in 1997. He finally found the Doctor to fix his spine here in Eugene. As a result Shon loves to say he feels like a 40 year old again. As one can imagine he keeps active as an advocate for the disabled and helps in any way he can, including hiring disabled people to do the job whenever possible.
- Android Java
- Basic and Compiled Basic
- Assembler 16 - 64 bit
- C, C++, C#, Objective C
- Python and Iron Python
- PHP and phar
- HTML 4, 5
- CSS 1, 2, 3
- ActionScript, Flash
- jQuery, jQuery UI
- Perl, Bash, Batch
- Bootstrap 3, 4